Saturday, May 21, 2011

Matthew's FDR Presentation

Matthew had to give a presentation about FDR last week and he was very excited to have us come watch him. To prepare for the event he had to dress like FDR. I had so many inappropriate ideas and no decent ones, so I just sent him to school with fake glasses and a dress shirt. I have a lot of insecurity about the kids and school; I always feel I'm not doing things right.
Better to be lame than inappropriate (in the 3rd grade at least). When giving his presentation someone asked what was FDR famous for? Matthew said "for his leadership". It was I could do not to say "And his mistress!" or "the fact that his wife was smarter than him!" or "The New Deal that will have your grandchildren paying for your retirement!". But I said none of those things.
Best not to pollute the little creatures at this point.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...