Sunday, May 29, 2011

Breakfast burritos

At 44 I thought I had discovered all my personalities; the crafty one having come out when the kids were born. the newest lady to make an appearance round these parts is June Cleaver. I would rather sit around the house blogging, cooking and coupining than going out. I saw this recipe on this blog
 http://moneysavingmom.com/tag/freezer-cooking

My kids like everything Jimmy Dean; egg sandwiches etc. and they also love tacos so I figured i would try this because "what do you want for breakfast" is a constant struggle here. I made half the recipe this time to make sure the kids like them. My son LOVES and my daugher is not convinced  yet.

Ingredients:
1/2 cup milk
1/3 cup green peppers
1/3 cup onion
18 eggs
l cup chopped ham
20 flour tortillas
1/2 cup butter
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese











Beat eggs, milk and salt and pepper


Saute onions and pepper in butter until they are soft



Add eggs to pan and once they are formed shut off heat, add cheese and fold in until melted
Scoop half a cup of egg mixture onto each tortilla and fold ends in before rolling.

Wrap each burrito in a paper towel and then aluminum foil. 


Put these in a freezer bag and remove all air before putting in freezer. To serve take off aluminum foil and put in microwave for a minute. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...