Saturday, April 30, 2011

Restaurant Teriyaki Sauce

I got home from a work trip and hubs wanted teryaki steak tips but didn't have any sauce. He said he would go to the store but I responded smartly, there's no time for that! So I proceeded to spend 20 minutes making my own. I find it baffling that I have 90 different kinds of condiments and sauces in the fridge but no teryaki sauce but I digress. This was so awesome I had to share.

1/4 cup soy sauce
1 cup water
1/2 tsp ground ginger (I had real ginger which I cut up and threw in; about 1 TBSB) 
1/4 tsp garlic powder
5 tablespoons brown sugar
2 tablespoons honey
2 tablespoons cornstarch

Recipe was more complicated but I just threw it all in a saucepan and boiled for about 10 minutes and put on the steak. Didn't even marinate.

From food.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...