Monday, April 25, 2011

If I was going to write a book it would be called "the stupid things people say: a Memoir"

I went to San Diego last week and just so you know, its cold there. We went to a Padres game and I went to buy a ridiculously expensive sweatshirt for a team I have no interest in and I asked the sale girl if the Sweatshirt shrinks. She said "not unless you put it in the dryer". Then clarified that actually and said "I don't know, it depends on what its made of: I never put my clothes in the dryer so they don't shrink". I promptly bought the next size up and cut my losses. i laughed the whole rest of the game about this (having nothing better to do than take pictures of my kids, people watch and ruminate over stupidity). Why would I care what your policy on the use of the dryer is? How else would a sweatshirt shrink if NOT at the hands of a dryer? Did she think i had special powers? I know we don't pay retail people much but is it too much to ask for them to at least avoid irritating the customers with stupid statements? Now having said all this I have worked in retail and god knows the customers can be even worse. Or waitressing!!! god I could fill pages with stories of this. Lest you think I am easily irritated, you are CORRECT. But mostly I just find it funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...