Monday, November 29, 2010

things to organize the things

I spent $100 at Target yesterday buying things to organize my things (presumably to make room for buying more things). It occurs to me that perhaps I should just have less things but in my defense this was the pantry and there were kids snacks in there that expired in 2009. (By the way I am a religous follower of expiration dates - I throw anything away that's even approaching it - my husband has a thing of blue cheese in the fridge that i think has been there for a while and I want to throw it away but it has no expiration date and he says its fine. It is cheese thats been purposely molded so I guess I shouldn't worry about it but that's why I don't like it in the first place). ANYWAY as i buy these organizer things I can't help but picture myself selling them at a yard sale later. The cycle of buying things and getting rid of things seems endless. This makes me wonder what life is about. Nevermind .......who cares I have organizing to do. Organizing is one of those compulsive disorders that I have which I think should have been turned into a job. I go to people's houses and mentally start organizing things. You may think I am paying attention when I talk to you but I am usually mentally waxing your eyebrows or deciding how to best organize your canned goods. When I go to my friend Linda's house I immediately start clearing off her counters and organizing her pantry. I start throwing away her infant tylenol that expired 3 years ago - not to mention that she doesn't have an infant. When my kids outgrow something its in the bag to give to my sisters immediately. I secretely love trash day, I can't wait to get rid of all the stuff. I once threw away my old boyfrien's pot. Im my defense how was I supposed to know that a ball of aluminum foil on the kitchen table was valuable contraband? People should label their illegal items. Anyway my pantry is organized for the moment. Even the kids are impressed. We'll see how long THIS lasts.

1 comment:

  1. For me, organizing stuff and donating / disposing old unwanted ones is just a flashy name for making room to buy new ones. Ask my wife, she has a doctorate in this art.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...