Sunday, November 28, 2010

Boogers

I must say I still don't really understand this blogging thing; why should I blog, what should I say? Who cares? Should I use this blog for good or for evil? As I think about it, let me stimulate your mind with this: BOOGERS. I am up at 5:00 am for no apparent reason except that my husband is congested and snoring and I had to blow my nose. Which led me to think: where do boogers come from? Do boogers have a purpose? First of all, I don't agree with the spelling of the word. Lets face it they should be called "boogas". In any case, I digress.  Wikipedia says a booger is:
Dried nasal mucus, pieces of which are colloquially known as bogeys[1] in English and boogers[2] in American English, is commonly found in the nose and is a result of drying of the normally viscous colloidal mucus (or snot).[3]
The next thing they talk about is eating boogers and whether its good for you. This is a little like eating gum; your mother tells you not to do it but sometimes you do. One time my friend Linda and I caught a guy picking his nose and eating it while driving and he saw us laughing at him. He pretended to flick the booger at us and we laughed so hard.... talk about remembering something stupid, that was over 20 years ago.    So back to my point about education and to the most important point of all now that I am reading this fascinating article; 
DO BOOGERS HAVE CALORIES? My research says no. Which makes me wonder what my point is in posting this; now that I have looked this up I can't remember what I wanted to know (this is so typical of me and SLIGHTLY helps explain why I am up at 5:00 am for no reason). Oh right; I was wondering why I have boogers. I was feeling sick a couple days ago and the cold I thought would slam me hasn't come yet.  Maybe I have cured it by constantly blowing my nose and getting the evil boogers out. Good for me, I'm so smart. Anyway, you can pick your nose and eat it now and know that you don't have to work it off on the treadmill.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...