Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Bakenstein

There's a web site I like called Bakerella: http://www.bakerella.com/.  Its the best site and makes me feel totally inadequate, I couldn't make any of that. This is what I make


No this is not intended to look like a snake and no its not my liver. This was my attempt at making gluten free Spelt flour french bread. Often I will make things that look horrible but taste good. Not so here. It could have been used as a rubber dog toy if only my dog had any teeth left. Actually even if he had teeth he would have probably passed. I threw it out pan and all. It only took me 4 hours and 19 dirty dishes to make, no big deal. I didn't have anything else to do. I almost feel relieved to cross "attempt cooking specialty breads" off my list. CHECK!

The problem with bread is that there's too many steps. The first time I let it rise I let it go oh about 2 hours too long. OOPSIE I had a work crisis. Then I forgot about it again and was falling asleep so I had my husband take it out of the oven. I cannot believe he didn't try some! 

I blame this newfound unachieveable goal on my neice Andrea who makes baking look easy and bread look like something you want to inhale.  When I saw what she was making over at http://www.piebirds.org/ I had to try. Hey I don't have enough to do and I need another expensive kitchen appliance, time to start baking. Mind you I don't even eat bread anymore. Well unless I'm feeling really crazy. Ok I eat it all the time.

Actually I really can't stand my nieghbor; I'm thinking of finding this in the trash and putting it in her mailbox.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...