Tuesday, November 27, 2012

christmas resolutions

Why wait until after the holidays? I'm making my resolutions now. Seems appropriate since for someone like me can do a lot of damage between now and the end of the year. December is a tough month for me; my obsession with making the holidays festive converges with my laziness and perfectionism to form the perfect storm - an entire month filled with extreme crafting/cooking and shopping - none of which actually gets finished.

PS I don't intend on actually doing any of things.

1. I will use all the craft supplies purchased for holiday projects I never finished.  THERE IS A LOT OF THIS SHIT - you may not see me for the month. At one point I bought 5 pounds of epsom salt to use as fake snow. This doesn't seem very smart.

2. I will not enter Michaels ONCE*!!! I will not buy one more christmas decoration that isn't replacement of a light for as long as I LIVE.

3.  I will buy kids presents, write them all down, including price. I will not panic purchase 16 additional presents in an attempt to make sure that there's "enough" and the money spent is even.

4.  I will meticulously put all my Christmas decorations away with a box for each room. I will label them and scrape the broken ornaments off the melted candy cane coated bottoms.  I will NOT wake up hungover on new years day and throw my grandmothers glass ornaments in the same random rubbermaid containers as my 10 pound stocking hanger.

I only have about 90 other things to put on this list but my other new resolution is to finish something so I am posting this AS IS.    

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...