Wednesday, January 4, 2012

You say Catsup I say Ketchup (homemade ketchup!)

The kids are pissed, their reign of terror is coming to and end. I am feeding them what I want them to eat and they are kind of liking it. I made a batch of this the other day and its good; Matt says its not good as the bottle - I may try a few variations. I have most of this stuff and I am constantly in the kitchen so not hard to make at all.  I would recommend not putting as much clove and allspice if you are going to try.

2 tablespoons olive oil
1 medium onion, chopped medium
1 clove garlic, minced
28-oz can tomato purée
1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar
1/4 cup cider vinegar
1 tablespoon tomato paste
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
1/8 teaspoon allspice
1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...